June 26 – 30, 2024
You asked for it ladies – The 52U tour is coming to Missouri!
Tired of waiting weeks or even months to get maintenance and minor issues fixed on your RV because you don’t know how? Tired of spending hundreds on services you could do yourself with the right know-how? Not sure when you really DO need an expert? Want to be more confident on the road? Then you don’t want to miss this educational camping event that is coming June 2024 to the Midwest. Sign up today!
What is 52U? The answer: Improve your knowledge, safety, and confidence in this three-day educational, interactive, and intensive course. Understand how these systems work, why they matter, how to maintain them yourself, and when you need an expert.
Whether you have a vintage or new, travel trailer, 5th wheel, a motorized Class A, B, or C, the course applies.
- Power systems electric, battery, and some basic solar
- Propane systems safety, maintenance and why you really won’t blow up your RV
- RV water and waste systems, and why you really can use your camper for #2
- Hitching, Towing, and Weight Management equipment, checklists, and all those capacity acronyms
- Life Safety monitors, detectors, and safety systems, why they really do matter
- Best practices for appliance operation and maintenance will be sprinkled throughout the three days
- Every topic includes safe operation and maintenance that you can do yourself
Instructors Brenda Puckett and Dana Hext are both National RV Training Academy Certified and longtime RVers and towers — they know how we roll!
Dana Hext: Owner of Empower RV, Certified RV Inspector, Certified RV Technician, Advanced Course Instruction in Solar, Air Conditioners, Water Heaters, Furnaces, Exteriors, Hydraulics, and Refrigeration
Brenda Puckett: Owner of Queen Bee RV, Certified RV Inspector, Registered RV Technician, Technical Assistant and Business Course Instructor at the National RV Training Academy, Advanced Course Instruction in Solar
The location for our workshop is Coachlight RV Park 5305 S Garrison Ave., Carthage MO 64836 GPS Coordinates: 37.095084,-94.314075. This RV Park is 12 minutes from downtown Carthage and 20 minutes from Joplin both on US Route 66. Nearby hotel accommodations are available to book on your own for those who prefer not to camp- visit experiencecarthagemo.com to find nearby hotels.
- The 52U class will be held at the Coachlight RV Park Clubhouse on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Check-in time will be on Wednesday June 26 at 3pm or after. Plan to get set up and ready for the next 3 days of class and hands on learning! Checkout is Sunday 12pm.
- There will be evening get-togethers around the campfire, and some small group excursions if time allows – check out the Facebook group for more details!
- Saturday night we can go to the 66 Drive In Theatre!
- All meals are on your own. There are many nearby restaurants in both Carthage and Joplin.
Dana and Brenda are looking forward to meeting you and can’t wait to bring 52U to your neck of the woods!
Cost: $475/person for the workshop. All tickets must be purchased through Eventbrite at this link: https://52UMissouri.eventbrite.com
Your ticket includes:
- 18+ hours of team-teaching classroom instruction utilizing visual aids, actual RV components, entertaining personal experiences, interactive Q & A, field trips to the RV park after class and the opportunity to participate in hands-on small group practical application for each educational session
- Full color printed classroom materials
- Exclusive 52U graduate swag
- Membership to our private Facebook group for 52U workshop graduates
- Exclusive 52U Checklists for Pre-travel, Winterization, De-Winterization, Annual Maintenance, Recommended Gear, Set-up, Tear Down, Towing/Hitching
Cancellations and Refunds
- Any eligible refunds will be original ticket price less Eventbrite processing fees.
- Prior to, or on April 26, 2024, your cancellation will be eligible for a refund.
- Beginning April 27, 2024, cancellations will not be eligible for a refund unless we are able to fill your spot from the waitlist.
- If the event is canceled due to insufficient registration, you will be eligible for a refund.
Limited time only: $375/person for the 3-day workshop! This discounted ticket is non-refundable and must be purchased prior to February 1, 2024. All tickets must be purchased through Eventbrite at this link: https://52UMissouri.
Registering is simple by following these steps:
- Register for the course by following this Eventbrite link to purchase your seat at the workshop: https://52UMissouri.eventbrite.com Space is limited so that we can maximize personal attention and allow more time for hands-on labs/practical applications. 50 seats. The workshop will be held on Thurs, Fri, Sat from 9am-4pm daily.
- Lodging/camping accommodations are on your own! If you choose to stay on site where the 52U Course will be held, call or email Coachlight RV Park (417) 358-3666 or [email protected], to make your reservation – let them know you are with 52 U to get the rally rate of $35 per night. (FYI- Coachlight RV Park does not have a shower house or campground restroom facility.) Visit experiencecarthagemo.com to find nearby hotels.
- Once you have purchased your workshop ticket on Eventbrite, ask to be admitted to the private Facebook group for all the chatter and more details leading up to the event: 52U Missouri 2024 facebook.com/groups/52umissouri/
- Meals are on your own, pets are welcome – they cannot attend the workshops or group activities. We will plan group activities in the FB group. We can go to the 66 Drive In on Saturday night!
Sparkle Adventures, a US Adventure Travel and Event Planning Company, loves helping women travel independently and solo. We do the planning; you have the fun.